Application for Radius Studio Assistantship: 2024 Cohort
Radius Art Studio is a creative community offering ceramics workshops, clay studio memberships, and a handmade retail shop. Our vision is to offer workspace and ceramics education for all skill levels in a fun and supportive environment.
The intention of the Studio Assistantship is to provide progressive members of the ceramic community with an opportunity to enrich their creative experience while working in our community clay studio. In addition to hands on experience working in both the front end retail shop and the back end ceramics studio, we encourage connection through community events, critiques and learning opportunities. Our bustling 3,200 square foot studio is home to 100+ members and students, and we welcome a new cohort of studio assistants each year to join the team and connect through work and clay.
To be eligible for the studio assistant position you must:
- Be community-minded and have strong customer service skills.
- Have a basic understanding of the ceramic process. An active or recently active ceramics practice is preferred.
- Commit to 12-months of service @ approximately 8 hours per week plus a monthly team meeting.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be over the age of 21.
- Meet with the management for the interview process.
-Community Integration. Make new friends and be inspired by the artwork created at Radius Art Studio. Experience the satisfaction of being a part of the team that makes the magic happen at Radius!
- Radius Monthly Membership for length of the Assistantship ($175/ month value).
- 24-hour studio access for creating new work.
- Half of a large 5-tier shelving unit to store work and materials.
- 50% discount on tuition for regular classes and workshops.
- Learn the technical skills of firing kilns.
-Display and Sell Work
- 75% cut of your product sales in the Radius retail shop.
- Access to Radius’s photo light box for taking professional photographs of new work.
- No booth fee for Radius maker markets.
- Final gallery show with the 2024 cohort of Studio Assistants.
$15.50 /hour in addition to the above list of benefits (paid bi-weekly)
- Working a regular 4-hour shift, two days per week (minimum 8 hours/week), during open studio hours on Thursdays – Sundays.
- Attending mandatory monthly staff meetings (1-2 hours per month).
- General studio cleaning.
- Working in the retail shop.
- Studio organizing and maintenance.
- Managing students and hourly members during Open Studio.
- Firing kilns (some on the job training provided).
- Reclaiming clay.
- Giving tours of the studio to prospective members.
- Assisting in creating content for social media.
- Assisting with our monthly gallery shows.
- Providing a helpful and positive customer experience.
Studio assistants act as representatives of Radius, and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to execute responsibilities thoroughly and efficiently.
Apply by midnight on November 12th.
First round of interviews will be held virtually the week of November 20th. Second round of interviews will be in person the week of December 4th.
Position will begin the second week of January at our studio location, 2324 SE Belmont.