Our Ceramics Studio
Radius Art Studio offers a full service ceramics studio located at 2324 SE Belmont. Most of our clays and glazes are formulated for cone 6 oxidation firing, and we now offer cone 10 clay for use in our gas reduction kiln.
Our clay studio is equipped with:
- 23 electric potter’s wheels
- 5 electric kilns
- Gas reduction kiln
- A 24″ wide slab roller and a large verticle slab roller
- Several Large work tables
- A variety of shared tools available for both our monthly and hourly members
- 10+ custom-made, cone 6 functional glazes and several cone 10 glazes for our gas kiln
- A variety of clay bodies including red and white stonewares, speckled clays, and porcelain.
Clay is available for purchase in house. We allow the use of outside clay and glazes as long as they are rated for cone 6 firing temperatures and approved by management.
–Individual Pieces (^6 glaze electric) for members only:
- 6 cents per cubic inch (maximum dimensions, height x width x depth; rounded to nearest 1/2 inch)
- The single fee includes both the ^06 bisque firing & the ^6 glaze firing.
- $.50 minimum charge per piece
- firing fee rounded to the nearest $.25 per piece