At Home Membership (Wheel Rental)
At home membership is a great option for artists who have the space at home to create and enjoy working in a private environment, but need access to the equipment, glazes, and firing to finish the job. A Radius At Home Membership combines several of the amenities of a full membership with the comfort of working from home.
How it works:
- The At Home membership includes the use of a pottery wheel, which we provide for use at your residence.
- Members have access to the Radius studio space during non-class/non-open studio hours*** to glaze and fire their work. They are also welcome to use the slab roller and hand-building tables.
- The monthly membership fee is $175 per month, with a $730 fully refundable deposit to ensure the safe return of our pottery wheel and studio key fob. (If members wish to opt out of the wheel rental, the monthly fee is still the same but the deposit is only $205).
- At Home membership requires a 3 month commitment. After the first three months, the contract automatically goes month to month.
- At Home Members do not have personal storage space at the studio.
***Class times are generally Monday through Saturday AM, 10:30-1pm and Monday through Wednesday evenings, 630-9pm. Full calendar can be found on the bulletin board at the studio. Open studio hours are Thursdays 5-9pm, Fridays 4-8pm, Saturdays 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-2pm. We are out of session for classes/open studio during the month of April, the month of August, and Mid Dec- early January, during which times you have full 24/7 access to the studio.
At Home Members have the same firing options as regular Monthly Members. Members can pay to fire per piece at .06¢ per cubic inch, this cost includes both the bisque and glaze firing for a single piece. They also have the opportunity to take a kiln firing workshop with us ($50) to learn about firing and to become Radius certified to fire a full kiln on their own at a discounted rate. Current full kiln rates: $35 for large kilns and $25 for small kilns.
- At home members will receive a weekly members only newsletter which includes information about special events and other opportunities.
- At Home members are offered 10% off Radius workshops and classes.
- Radius hosts at least two markets at the studio per year, which At-Home Members will be invited to participate in.
How to apply for Monthly Membership:
Applicants must have an understanding of the ceramic process from start to finish, including the glazing and firing process. We require members to have a minimum of 12 weeks of clay instruction before applying to become a Monthly Member (instruction does not have to be from Radius). All applications will be reviewed by Radius management. Monthly Membership spots are limited. We will reach out to applicants via email to schedule an in-person interview when spots become available.