Conditions of Monthly Studio Partnership
Whereas “partner” refers to the individual listed above and “studio” or “management” refers to Radius Community Art Studios, by signing this contract, the partner agrees to the following conditions:
- Recurring monthly fees of $140 are due by the first of each month;
a. $15 late fee will be assessed for fees paid after the 7th of each month and an additional 20% will be assessed every month for all outstanding fees;
b. Materials and firing fees are not included in the monthly partnership fee;
c. The partner is responsible for paying any additional fees beyond the monthly amount immediately upon incurring them (including, but not limited to firing fees, clay purchases, etc.) A 20% processing fee will be added if the studio is forced to bill for such fees.
- The partner or the studio may terminate this contract with 30 days advance written notice. Failure to give notice will result in forfeiture of any monies paid.
- Upon signing this contract, the partner will pay a deposit of $140. Said deposit will be applied to the final month of studio fees or used to cover studio loss or damage incurred by the partner. The deposit will be forfeited should the partner break this contract.
- Upon signing this contract, the partner will pay a key deposit of $25. Said deposit will be returned when the studio entrance key is returned upon move out. The deposit will be forfeited should the partner fail to return the key.
- Failure to pay monthly fees after 30 days without written notice of cancelation may result in immediate termination of this contract and forfeiture of any monies paid.
- The partner assumes full liability for personal property and individual safety. Radius Community Art Studios, its owners and staff are not liable for the following: loss or damage to any personal items or artwork, personal injury on the premises.
- The partner is allotted dedicated storage for personal use – any storage needs outside of allotted space must be approved by the management in advance;
a. Materials left in the studio after this contract is terminated become property of the studio;
- The partner is responsible for cleaning and maintaining his or her workspace, facilities, and materials used in the studio as well as other studio policies outlined in “General Studio Protocol.”
- The partner must be respectful of the studio community and not do or say things that might compromise other individual’s use of the studio or create a hostile working environment.
- The partner is responsible for maintaining building security while working and when leaving the premises;
a. The partner will ensure that the building is properly shut-down, locked, and the alarm is armed upon leaving after business hours when no one else is in the studio;
b. Should the partner set off the building alarm, it must be reported immediately to the management. Should a false alarm result in police investigation, a fee of up to $150 may be incurred by the partner;
c. The partner will keep the building locked when working during non-business hours;
d. The partner will not bring in non-studio members to work in the studio without prior approval from the management;
e. The partner will not duplicate the studio key or lend it to any individual with out prior approval from the management.
Failure to honor the above conditions will result in termination of this contract and forfeiture of any monies paid.