Ceramic Firing (electric oxidation kiln)
Get your ceramic work fired at Radius!
When: Friday from 4-6pm
Where: Radius 322 SE Morrison St.
Cost: $0.03/cubic inch (includes both bisque and glaze firings).
Drop off/pickup work every week during these hours:
All work must be measured and pre paid for before you drop it off. Please print and fill out this drop off form (google will prompt you to make a copy), or use it as a reference to handwrite the info on a sheet of paper and include it with your box of ceramics. Details on how to measure/ deliver your work:
- Measure each piece with a ruler to determine Length, Width and Heigh. Round each measurement to the nearest half inch. Minimum measurement for each is measurement is 1″ (for example, the height of a .5″ plate would still be recorded as 1″)
- Plug your measurements into this formula: Length x Width x Height = cubic inches. Determine the cubic inches for each piece. Minimum for each piece is 16 cubic inches.
- Add up the cubic inches of all pieces to determine the total number of cubic inches you need to purchase.
- Below, please enter the total number of cubic inches, and then click the “Buy now” button.
- Minimum order total is 50 cubic inches.
- Drop off your work at Radius! When you arrive at radius, please ring the bell and wait for someone to come to the door. Set the box down outside and give the recipient 6 feet of distance to retrieve it and make sure you have included all the necessary info and that we have received payment. Don’t forget your printed or handwritten Drop Off Form!
This fee covers both the bisque and cone 6 glaze firings. We do not currently have glazes available, but you are welcome to glaze with cone 6 glazes or underglazes at home and bring the work back for the second firing. You do not need to purchase space in the kiln for the glaze firing unless you did not bisque fire your work with us.
We generally fire one bisque and one glaze kiln per week, depending on demand. We try our best for a one week turnaround, but sometimes it might take up to two weeks for work to get through a firing. We thank you for your patience!