As of August 31st, we have ended Drop Off/ Pick Up service indefinitely. This service has been something we have provided since closing the majority of our services due to COVID. It has been so rewarding to see the beautiful things you all have been making from home this past year+. However, It was never our intention to offer this service permanently, as we do not have firing capacity for all members and students otherwise. The last day to drop off glaze ware is September 11th. The last day to collect your pieces is Saturday, September 25th as we will be starting our move to our new forever home on Belmont and 23rd. In September, our pickup days will be limited to Tuesday and Saturday timeslots.
Get your ceramic work fired at Radius in our electric (oxidation) kiln. We fire to cone 5/6.
Cost includes both bisque (cone 05) and glaze (Cone 5-6) firings . Minimum size per piece is 10 cubic inches. Minimum order total is 100 cubic inches. Cost per cubic inc is $0.05/cubic inch- please add the total number of cubic inches you wish to purchase into your shopping cart.
Prepaid Curbside Drop off/Pickup work at Radius Studio, 322 SE Morrison St During the following hours:
All work must be measured and pre paid for before you drop it off (do not wait to measure and pay for your firing when you arrive). Please print and fill out this drop off form (google will prompt you to make a copy), or use it as a reference to handwrite the info on a sheet of paper and include it with your box of ceramics. Instructions for measuring are included at the bottom.
We generally are able to fire work within one week of drop off date, depending on demand. Although we try our best for that one week turnaround, sometimes it might take up to two weeks for work to get through a firing. We do not notify you once your pieces are fired, so just stop back in to check within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for your patience! We hold all work for one month after it comes out of the kiln, and then it gets donated or put into our free pile.
Details on how to measure/ deliver your work:
- Measure each piece with a ruler to determine Length, Width and Heigh. Round each measurement to the nearest half inch. Minimum measurement for each is measurement is 1″ (for example, the height of a .5″ plate would still be recorded as 1″)
- Plug your measurements into this formula: Length x Width x Height = cubic inches. Determine the cubic inches for each piece. Minimum for each piece is 10 cubic inches.
- Add up the cubic inches of all pieces to determine the total number of cubic inches you need to purchase.
- Below, please enter the total number of cubic inches (minimum is 100 cubic inches), and then click the “Buy now” button.
- Drop off your work at Radius! When you arrive at radius, please ring the bell and wait for someone to come to the door. Set the box down outside and give the recipient 6 feet of distance to retrieve it and make sure you have included all the necessary info and that we have received payment. Don’t forget your printed or handwritten Drop Off Form!
This fee covers both the bisque and cone 6 glaze firings. We do not currently have glazes available, but you are welcome to glaze with cone 6 glazes or underglazes at home and bring the work back for the second firing. You do not need to purchase space in the kiln for the glaze firing unless you did not bisque fire your work with us.