Radius Art Studio offers a full service ceramics studio at our main location, 322 SE Morrison. All of our clays and glazes are formulated for cone 6 oxidation firing. We do not have ceramics facilities at Radius Annex.
Our clay studio is equipped with:
- 18 electric potter’s wheels and one Lockerbie kick wheel
- A 24″ wide slab roller
- 3 Large work tables
- A variety of shared tools available for both our monthly and hourly members.
- 10+ custom-made, cone 6 functional glazes
- A variety of Clay Art Center clay bodies including dark, white stonewares and porcelain.
Clay is available for purchase for $12 per 25 lb. bag or $5.00 per 10lb bag of reclaim. We allow the use of outside clay and glazes as long as they are rated for cone 6 firing temperatures and approved by management. Please click here to review our full open studio policy agreement.
Individual Pieces (^6 glaze electric and ^10 gas):
- 3 cents per cubic inch (maximum dimensions, height x width x depth; rounded to nearest 1/2 inch)
- single fee includes both the ^06 bisque firing & the ^6 glaze firing.
- $.50 minimum charge per piece
- firing fee rounded to the nearest $.25 per piece
- Bring during Drop off/ Pick Up Fridays 4-6pm (More Info)
Full Electric Kiln Rental (Approved Monthly Members Only, must take our kiln firing workshop and be approved by management):
- KILNS MUST BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE
- Medium kilns (programmable, 7 cubic feet): $30 Bisque / $35 glaze
- Small kiln (programmable, approx 3.5 cubic feet) $17 bisque / $20 glaze
- Full gas kiln firings are only available to current monthly members who are trained to use it.