Radius Art Studio offers a full service ceramics studio at our main location, 322 SE Morrison. All of our clays and glazes are formulated for cone 6 oxidation firing. We do not have ceramics facilities at Radius Annex.
Our clay studio is equipped with:
- 18 electric potter’s wheels and one Lockerbie kick wheel
- A 24″ wide slab roller
- 3 Large work tables
- A variety of shared tools available for both our monthly and hourly members.
- 10+ custom-made, cone 6 functional glazes
- A variety of Clay Art Center clay bodies including dark, white stonewares and porcelain.
Clay is available for purchase for $12 per 25 lb. bag or $5.00 per 10lb bag of reclaim. We allow the use of outside clay and glazes as long as they are rated for cone 6 firing temperatures and approved by management. Please click here to review our full open studio policy agreement.
***Sorry, we do not fire work made outside our studio***
For our monthly members, we offer both reduction (gas) and oxidation (electric) firings. Our four electric kilns and our gas kiln are fired based on demand. Students currently enrolled in a ceramics workshop at Radius fire their first 10 pieces for free.
The following firing fees include ^06 bisque fire, ^6 glaze fire, and use of our ^6 glazes:
Individual Pieces (^6 glaze electric and ^10 gas):
- 2 cents per cubic inch (maximum dimensions, height x width x depth; rounded to nearest 1/2 inch)
- single fee includes both the ^06 bisque firing & the ^6 glaze firing.
- $.50 minimum charge per piece
- firing fee rounded to the nearest $.25 per piece
Full Electric Kiln Rental (Approved Monthly Members Only, must take our kiln firing workshop and be approved by management):
- KILNS MUST BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE
- Medium kilns (programmable, 7 cubic feet): $25 Bisque / $30 glaze
- Small kiln (programmable, approx 3.5 cubic feet) $12 bisque / $15 glaze
- Full gas kiln firings are only available to current monthly members who are trained to use it.