We are excited to now offer drop off/pick up ceramic firing for our community! For now, we are limiting this service to:
- Monthly Members
- Hourly Members
- Currently enrolled students
- Quarantine Clay Club participants
- People who are renting a Radius Studio pottery wheel
If you were in a class or had work waiting to be fired pre closure, you can also pick your workup during these days/times. We will be limiting traffic in the studio to mantain safe social distancing, we appreciate your patience.
Next Drop off Dates:
- Friday, May 8th from 4-6pm
- Friday, May 15th from 4-6pm
All work must be measured and priced at home before you drop off. Work received without firing slips will not be accepted. To measure and calculate cost, please do the following:
- Measure each piece with a ruler to determine Length, Width and Height.
- Round to the nearest half inch
- Minimum measurement for each is 1”
- For example, if you have a slab tray that is 5.7 inches wide, 4.3 inches deep, and .5 inches tall, you would record the measurements as: 6’’ x 4.5’’ x 1’’
Plug your measurements into this formula: Length x Width x Height x 0.03 = $TOTAL COST and use a calculator to find the total cost per piece.
Cut down some pieces of paper and write down the measurements and total cost for each piece, and place them inside your pots (or place them near your piece in the box).
Include one master price sheet with: your name, email, the total number of pieces, the cost for each piece, and the grand total. For example, if you had 4 pieces to be fired, the master sheet might look like this:
Total: 4 pieces, $8
Send payment ahead of time via paypal to Radiusartstudio@nullgmail.com (please be sure to send via friends and family to avoid fees) and include your name and “firing drop off” in the note.
Box your work, firing slips, and master sheet and bring it to radius during drop off hours. Ring the bell and wait for someone to come to the door. Set the box down outside and give the recipient 6 feet of distance to retrieve it and make sure you have included all the necessary info and that we have received payment.